Anu Thailam – Allergic Rhinitis Treatment in Ayurveda
An allergic reaction to microscopic airborne particles known as allergens causes allergic rhinitis (hay fever). Histamine, a naturally occurring substance, is released by your body in response to inhaling allergens through your mouth or nose. Hay fever is brought on by numerous indoor and outdoor allergens. Dust mites, mould, pet dander, and plant and tree pollen are typical culprits. Sneezing, nasal congestion, and irritation of the mouth, nose, throat, and eyes are all signs of hay fever. Infectious rhinitis, also known as the common cold, is not the same as allergic rhinitis. Hay fever is not spread by others.
Hay fever can strike at any time of the year. In the spring, summer, and early fall, when weeds and trees bloom and pollen concentrations are at their highest, seasonal allergies manifest. Seasonal allergies are a possibility. They are brought on by common irritants including pet dander, cockroaches, and dust mites. Any time of year, for instance during allergy season when you suddenly get allergic rhinitis utilise Anu Taila for one week along with other medicines orally. Anu tailam instilled into the nose helps to bring unctuousness. It delivers the nourishing properties of the Jeevniya gana dravyas (drugs that increase ojas or vitality) to the body.
Anu tailam relieves sinusitis and frequent allergic rhinitis. The medicine helps to clean out excess mucus from the sinuses, thus balancing Kapha dosha. Anu tailam helps to lubricate the nasal pathway and washes out the adhered mucous in the area. This helps reduce the frequency of sinus infections, nasal congestion, and allergies.
NASYA – THE TAMER OF THE NASAL TRACKS
Can you believe that the nose is the starting point of some paramount pathways? True, the nasal orifice to be precise, is the entrance to the strong sense organs located in the head- the eyes, ears, nose, and throat; the parts that man vision, hearing, gustation, and voice production. Whatever goes in through the nostrils fills the whole head including the sinuses, throat, and blood vessels. This is the basis of Nasya, the Ayurvedic panchakarma procedure of administering nasal drops. Ayurveda considers Nasya as a complete solution for the diseases above the neck.
Nasal drops can be in the form of oils, decoctions, or herbal extracts, and have to be selected according to the doshik levels and the strength of the person. It can be employed in both preventive and curative aspects- which means you can do it regularly without fearing any side effects.
- Curated mainly for the diseases above the neck
- Mainly indicated for the diseases of eyes, ears, nose, and throat
- Clears the nasal pathway and the sinuses
- Indicated for Nasya (nasal administration of medicine)
- Prevents hair fall and damage
- Arrests premature greying of hair
- Improves functioning of the sense organs in the head
- Enhances the neurotransmitter activity in the brain
SITARAM’S ANU TAILA – THE HEALER AND THE HEGEMON
Made using the authentic reference from the classical textbook Astangahridaya, Sitaram’s Anu thaila is a hundred percent natural, herbal, paraben-free product indicated for nasya. Anu thaila is praised for its action on the diseases of the head and neck, and also respiratory conditions. Even healthy people can do Nasya with Anu thaila regularly, as its effects go far beyond disease management.
- Pacifies Vata and Kapha.
- Especially helpful in the diseases of the eye, ear, nose, and throat as it drains the vitiated Kapha from the upper body.
- The goodness of jeevaneeya gana drugs soothes the passages and provides them with unctuousness.
- Regular nasya with Anu thaila has remarkable effects on skin and hair and can prevent the signs of early aging such as premature greying, wrinkles, and dullness.
- Protects the hair from breakage and damage. Promotes the growth of strong, lush hair.
- Clears nasal passages and sinuses, and effectively manages respiratory issues and headaches.
- Enhances the senses like vision, hearing, olfaction, and gustation.
- Daily use can benefit the brain by interfering with the neuronal as well as the neurotransmitter activities and thereby sharpening intellect and reflexes.
- Vilwa(Aegle marmelos)– Known by the names bael or Bengal quince, Vilwa is a plant known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant actions. The Vilwa fruit has remarkable medicinal properties and is often considered a pacifier of vata and Kapha whereas the Vilwa root balances all three doshas. It promotes metabolism and especially benefits the digestive system by increasing the appetite, relieving dysentery, reducing the pain caused by ulcers, and managing gastritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The same makes it useful in relieving sinusitis too. Powdered ripe fruit is a laxative and therefore is used in treating constipation.
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra)– The Yashti or licorice plant is an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial agent, which is employed in various allergic conditions. Glycyrrhizic acid present in it is a potent immunomodulator that prevents viral growth, thereby reducing the risk of a viral infection. It is used in treating tonsillitis and respiratory conditions like bronchitis, asthma, and allergic rhinitis.
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)– Musta is an anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic, and antibacterial herb with cold potency. The tubers of Musta are found to be rich in several components which are potent antimicrobial agents. It improves skin texture and tone and relieves itching. It is said to be effective in nerve-related disorders caused by Vata and in improving intellect.
- Tvak (Cinnamomum verum)– Cinnamon is an effective antioxidant that protects the body from toxic free radicals. Its anti-inflammatory properties combat cell damage and facilitate cell repair. Cinnamon is good for the digestive system and helps manage conditions like nausea, vomiting, abdominal colic, and gastric irritation. It is carminative and antifungal and is known to improve appetite. It is also an expectorant that helps clear the respiratory pathways. Cinnamaldehyde, a compound in cinnamon shows antimicrobial activity in the oral cavity, therefore is effective in preventing dental caries and bad breath.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)– Commonly called Tree turmeric or Maramanjal, Daru Haridra has anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic, antidiarrheal, and antibacterial activities. Used for skin problems like inflammation and psoriasis as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-psoriatic activity. It helps in managing acne by preventing the growth of pimple-causing bacteria and reducing inflammation with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It fights infections and is a common ingredient in the formulations for eye and ear diseases.
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus)– Also known by the name Indian Sarsaparilla or Sariva is a widely used herb in Ayurveda, mainly for the management of gastritis, nausea, and menstrual problems due to hormonal imbalances. It is also considered as jwarahara ( that which relieves fever) and dāhashāmaka (that which mitigates burning sensation), due to its remarkable ability to lower the body temperature. It balances all three doshas. Sariva is also helpful in relieving skin diseases and itching. It is a potent antioxidant that helps to get rid of toxins from the body.
Anu thaila is also enriched with the wholesomeness of other ingredients like Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Ushira (Vetiveria zizanoides), Chandana (Santalum album), Jala (Coelus aromaticus), Devadaru (Cedrus deodara), Plava (Cyperus esculentus), Dhavani dwayam (Solanum xanthocarpum & Solanum indicum), Sthira (DEsmodium gangeticum), Kushta (Inula racemosa), Kamala (Nelumbo nucifera), etc in the base of goat’s milk and sesame oil. All these herbs are kapha-vata alleviating and are suitable for improving the senses.
DOSAGE AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Preferred to use in the early morning time
- Massage the face and neck with sesame/coconut oil and give mild steam.
- Then place Anu thaila drop by drop, one nostril at a time. Keep the other one closed.
- Can be used in both preventive and curative aspects
- Suitable for all ages
- For daily usage – 2-4 drops on each nostril (for adults) & 1-2 drops on each nostril (for children)
- For treatment purposes – as per the instructions of the physician
To Buy AnuTailam from Sitaram Ayurveda visit :