Increase Your Energy with Ayurveda
“The energy of body and mind is the energy of life.”
What is Energy?
Energy is the capacity to do work. You need energy to move, grow, keep warm and stay alive. Many of us may feel tired at many times of the day. This tiredness affects your daily activities and work. So keeping the energy level high is needed for an active life.
How do we get Energy?
The body derives energy from the food and water that we consume.
How can you increase your Energy?
Minor modifications in your lifestyle can improve your energy level. Here are some methods:
The human body is like a machine whose primary energy source is food. The food we consume is converted into ATP (adenosine triphosphate) in the body. This ATP is the primary source of energy for our body. Taking a large quantity of food does not increase your energy level. It must include all nutrients in a balanced form. Food of a low glycemic index is always preferred. The glycemic index(GI) is defined as a system of assigning a number to carbohydrate-containing foods according to how much each food increases blood sugar. The GI of food is influenced by several factors like the type of sugar it contains, the starch structure, the level of ripeness, and the cooking method. Studies show that a low GI diet helps in the reduction of weight and reduce cholesterol levels. Some low glycemic index foods include steel-cut oats, multigrain, rye, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, corns, lentils, chickpeas, basmati rice, milk and coconut milk, salmon fish, tunas, eggs, almonds, chicken, apples, apricots, etc.
Ayurvedic Dietary Advice
- Ayurveda gives much importance to diet, and a lot of do’s and don’ts are explained. One can take Navara rice, green gram, rock salt, barley, milk, pure water, ghee, and honey on all days.
- Avoid daily intake of long pepper, highly alkaline foods, and highly salty foods.
- Take food at the proper time.
- Take food according to the need of the body.Try to include all the six tastes( shad rasa) in your daily food
- Try to have hot, fresh food
Water is essential for many cellular functions of our body. Loss of water or dehydration reduces your energy level, and you may feel tired. So drink adequate water daily. The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined daily intake of water as
-about 3.7 liters for men
-about 2.7 liters for women
Ayurvedic advice of drinking water
Ayurveda advises drinking water daily.
Why Sitaram Dahasamini?
Sitaram Dahasamini is a perfect choice of drink. Primary ingredients are Acacia catechu, Vetiver, Aerva lanata, Hemidesmus Indicus dried ginger and cardamon. It supports our digestive power and improves our energy level.
You should have a proper sleep. Experts opine that adults need undisturbed sleep for at least seven hours. Ayurveda advises you to avoid day sleep except during the summer season. During the summer season, a soft nap at noon is preferred. If you did not get good sleep at night, you could sleep for forty-five minutes during the following daytime. That will make you fresh again.
Stress consumes a tremendous amount of energy. Avoiding stress boosts your energy. Practicing yoga, meditation under the supervision of an expert will help.
Proper exercise according to the body’s strength keeps your energy level high. Exercise increases circulation regulates blood sugar and boosts mood.
6. Limit Alcohol and Smoking
Energy Supplements in Ayurveda
Ayurveda text Charaka Samhita contains several drugs that even healthy people can use to improve their vigor and vitality. These medicines come mainly under a group called Rasayana drugs. A most famous example is Chyavanprasham.
- Chyavanaprasham: It can be taken daily and is rich in antioxidants. Chyavanaprasham is advised for all age groups.
- C.H. Kwath(Chyavanaprasham decoction): It is safe for diabetic patients.
- Chyavanaprasham Kwath tablet
- Aswagandharishtam: It can enhance your physical and mental resilience.
- Aswagandha capsules: Aswagandha is a potent immunomodulator.
- Triphala capsules: Triphala is one of the best rejuvenating drugs. Triphala is an immunomodulator.
- Amla capsules: Amla is a known antioxidant.
- Satavari capsules: Satavari helps to improve health and energy in women.
- Indukantham Kashayam: This is an immune booster and also improves your energy level.
To buy Chyavanaprasham Online:
To buy C.H. Qwath Online:
To buy Chyavanaprasham Kashaya Tablet Online:
To buy Aswagandharishtam Online:
To buy Aswagandha Capsules Online:
To buy Triphala Capsules Online:
To buy Amla Capsules Online:
To buy Satavari Capsules Online:
To buy Indukantham Kashayam Tablet Online: