Nalikerasavam- Treatment For Sexual Disorder In Ayurveda
Sex is an integral part of life. For people, sexual health is vital for their well-being.
Sexual health refers to a state of well-being that lets a man fully participate in and enjoy sexual activity.
Importance of maintaining sexual health
Maintaining sexual health is essential in life. Sexual health affects other aspects of life also. Sexual health affects overall personal wellness.
Common sexual problems in men
Sexual dysfunction is a common health problem affecting men of all ages. But the issues increase with increasing age. Common problems are
- Lack of sexual desire(libido)
- Inability to get or keep an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- The orgasm happens too quickly or too slowly.
- Inability to have an orgasm
Causes of sexual dysfunction
- Heart and blood vessel diseases
- Hormone imbalances (low testosterone levels)
- Nervous system disorders (Multiple sclerosis, Parkinsonism)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concern about the sexual performance
- Relationship problems
Normal Sperm Count
An average sperm count ranges from 15 million sperms to more than 200 million sperms per milliliter of semen.
If the sperm is healthy, 20 million sperm per milliliter may be adequate for pregnancy.
- Quantity: A healthy sperm count is about 15 million or more for every millilitre of semen.
- Movement (motility)- 60-80% must be actively moving.
- Shape (morphology)- Healthy sperm have rounded heads and long strong tails.
Common sexual problems in women
Women experience sexual problems at some point or throughout their life.
Common symptoms experienced are
- Low sexual desire- most common problem women face is low sexual desire.
- Sexual arousal disorder: Some may experience difficulty with arousal or inability to become aroused or maintain arousal during sexual activity.
- Orgasmic disorder- Persistent or recurrent difficulty in achieving orgasm
- Pain- Some may experience pain during coitus.
Factors that contribute to female sexual dysfunction are
- Physical- Medical conditions like kidney failure, cancer, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, bladder problems etc lead to sexual dysfunction.
- Hormonal- Low oestrogen level after menopause may lead to sexual dysfunction. Sexual desire also decreases when hormone levels decrease.
- Psychological- Stress, anxiety, depression may lead to sexual dysfunction.
- Relationship problem: Conflicts with your partner may lead to sexual dysfunction.
Nalikerasavam is a self-generated alcoholic preparation. The formulation is explained in the textbook ‘Gadanigraham’.
Primary ingredients of Nalikerasavam
Nalikerodakam (coconut water)
Coconut water is a natural aphrodisiac. In addition, coconut water contains several nutrients, keeps the body hydrated, supports heart and kidney health, and possess antioxidant property.
Ikshurasam (Saccharum officinarum)
The plant shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, hepatoprotective, diuretic, antithrombotic and aphrodisiac activities.
Dasamoolam contains roots of ten plants. They are
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Agnimantha (Premna serratifolia)
- Shyonakam (Oroxylum indicum)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Prishniparni (Uraria picta)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
Dasamoola is an anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritic, analgesic, antispasmodic, adaptogenic, antioxidant, neuroprotective, uterine tonic, etc.
Shalmali (Salmalia malabarica)
The plant shows aphrodisiac, stimulant, tonic, anti-diarrhoeal and anti-microbial activities.
Madhuca (Madhuca longifolia)
This plant shows aphrodisiac, astringent, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities.
Kumkuma (Crocus sativum)
The plant shows antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it acts as an aphrodisiac and reduces premenstrual disorder.
Indications of Nalikerasavam
Nalikerasavam and sexual health in men
The formulation improves sexual health in men. It improves vigour and vitality. Consumption of Nalikerasavam improves sexual desire. It helps in the treatment of premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
Nalikerasavam and sperm count
Consumption of Nalikerasavam under medical supervision helps to improve sperm count and motility. It enhances male fertility.
Nalikerasavam and hormonal imbalance
Nalikerasavam helps to maintain hormonal balance in women.
Nalikerasavam and skin
The formulation improves skin texture and complexion. It is helpful in the treatment of acne.
Nalikerasavam and rejuvenation
Nalikerasavam is excellent rejuvenating medicine.
- One should take medicine only under medical supervision.
- Commonly 15-30 ml once or twice daily after food or as advised by the physician.
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- Type2 diabetes mellitus
- Overuse may cause acidity.
- As directed by the physician.
To Buy Nalikerasavam from Sitaram Ayurveda: