Patolasavam – Effective Ayurveda for Chronic Skin Disease
Patolasavam is a self-generated mild alcoholic preparation. It contains the same ingredients as that of Patoladi Kashayam.
- Patola (Trichosanthes dioica): The plant shows antiallergic, antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, cholesterol-lowering, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities.
- Katuka (Picrorhiza kurroa): The plant shows antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, lipid-lowering, anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic activities.
- Chandana (Santalum album)
- Chandana has many properties like antiallergic, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, blood purifier, analgesic, antipyretic etc. It has a cooling effect too.
- Guluchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
- It has a wide range of medicinal properties. Studies show that Tinospora shows immunomodulatory, antidiabetic and antitoxic effects. In addition, the plant also shows anti-arthritic, antimicrobial and antioxidant effects.
- Pata (Cyclea peltata)
- The plant shows nephroprotective, hepatoprotective, antibacterial and anti-ulcer properties.
- Madhusravam (Marsdenia tenacissima)
- In Ayurveda, the plant is used in the treatment of various skin diseases, fever etc.
Patolasavam and skin diseases
- Patolasavam is very effective in skin diseases.
- The formulation contains many skin protective drugs. It is effective in skin allergies, urticaria, contact dermatitis and eczema.
- The formulation helps reduce itching.
- Patolasavam is widely used in acne and reduces scar formation.
- Intake of the medicine helps to keep the skin clear and glow.
- Patolasavam is effective in discolouration of the skin.
- The formulation is highly effective in psoriasis.
Patolasavam and liver
The liver plays a vital role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also plays an essential role in blood detoxification and purification. Patolasavam is a liver-protective drug. Thus, it regulates metabolism. Patolasavam is effective in the treatment of vomiting and also in metabolic disorders. In addition, Patolasavam helps in the detoxification of the body. Most of the drugs in Patolasavam are blood purifiers. Thus, it plays a vital role in liver and skin detoxification.
Patolasavam and fever
It acts as a supportive medicine in the treatment of fever.
- One should take medicine only under medical supervision.
- Commonly 15-30 ml once or twice daily after food or as advised by the physician.
- For children, 5-10 ml or as directed by the doctor
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- Type2 diabetes mellitus
- A high dose may cause acidity
Why is skin health important?
Skin health is essential for your good appearance. But above that, skin health is more critical because skin performs many tasks in our body. People care so much for their skin that the cosmetic industry has become one of today’s leading industries. Skin problems cause equal if not more psychological issues than physical suffering.
Skin conditions range from a harmless rash to the most severe diseases like skin cancer. Moreover, factors like age, geography, climate, ethnicity, etc., influence the texture and tone of the skin. Hence the presentations of skin diseases vary considerably worldwide.
Structure of the skin
The skin has three layers, namely the epidermis, the dermis, and the subcutaneous tissue.
- The epidermis is the outermost layer. From the epidermis, the dead cells shed continuously, and the new ones are formed. Thus, our skin is constantly being regenerated.
- The dermis includes sweat glands, hair follicles and sebaceous glands.
- The subcutaneous layer consists of connective tissue and fat.
Common skin problems
- Contact dermatitis
Acne occurs when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells.
- Painful pus-filled lumps
Atopic dermatitis or eczema is a condition in which patches of the skin become red and itchy.
Atopic dermatitis is a chronic disease.
- Dry skin
- Severe itching
- Red to brownish-grey patches over the skin
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Fluid-filled vesicles
Hives are red, itchy welts on skin triggered by many substances or situations. Chronic hives interfere with our daily activities.
Signs and symptoms of chronic hives are
- Batches of red welts over the skin
- Welts appear and fade repeatedly
- Painful swelling of the lips, eyelids and throat
Sunburn is red or painful skin. The skin feels hot to the touch. Sunburn usually occurs within a few hours after too much exposure to UV light from sun/ artificial sources.
Signs and symptoms
- Change in the skin tone
- Skin that feels warm or hot to touch
- Small, fluid-filled blisters
Allergic contact dermatitis/ Skin allergy
Red, itchy rash caused by direct contact with a substance or an allergic reaction to it is allergic contact dermatitis. Soaps, cosmetics, fragrances, jewelry, and plants are the most of the allergens.
Signs and symptoms
- Red rash
- Dry, cracked, scaly skin
- Burning sensation
In psoriasis, skin cells multiply ten times faster than usual. This build-up of cells causes scaling on the skin surfaces. Typical scales are whitish-silver and develop in thick red patches.
To Buy Patolasavam from Sitaram:
I want to know if about patolasavam,and fair foot ointment,can it be taken without prescription,?am vegetarian,
For an online consultation, please visit :
Address : https://g.page/SitaramAyurveda?share
Sitarma Ayurveda Hospital Thrissur Contact number : +91 95678 88035
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/919567888035