Recommended Ayurvedic Tips for Sexual Wellness
One of the three foundations of human life is sexual wellbeing, the other two being nourishment and sleep. Sexual well-being is essential for a happy marriage and has the potential to improve one’s physical, mental, and emotional qualities. A variety of things contribute to good sex life in couples. Aside from a balanced diet, exercise, and lifestyle, emotional compatibility is important in closeness and sex.
WHAT IS A HEALTHY SEXUAL LIFE?
Sexual wellbeing, according to WHO, includes elements such as having a good understanding of sex, engaging in consensual and pleasant relationships with your partner, and enjoying the sex you are experiencing. A healthy sexual life includes the following:
- Not having multiple sexual partners
- No Sexually transmitted infections
- Good libido
- Being sexually satisfied
BENEFITS OF HEALTHY SEX
Both men and women benefit from healthy sex life. Great sex life has the following benefits on your body:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relieves anxiety and stress
- Gives good sleep
- Relieves pain
- Increases immunity
- Increased intimacy and fulfilling relationships
WHAT CAUSES LOW SEX DRIVE IN WOMEN?
- When you are not interested in sex, you have hypoactive sexual drive disorder (HSSD). This could be a long-term issue, or it could happen gradually or even suddenly. This is prevalent in women who do a lot of housework and grow tired or bored of having sex by the end of the day. Anxiety, despair, stress, and previous sexual trauma can all contribute to HSSD.
- Women lose desire in sex at or after menopause, owing to hormonal changes in their bodies. Furthermore, weariness, mineral deficiencies, and vaginal dryness all contribute to reduced libido.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS): Due to hormonal changes, women lose desire in sex during PMS. A loss of sex drive is caused by breast pain, abdominal pains, and mood changes.
- Dyspareunia – A condition characterised by pain during intercourse as a result of constriction of the vaginal muscles, which can also result in reduced libido. Lubrication, foreplay, mood setting, and treating any underlying medical concerns will solve the problem.
WHAT CAUSES LOW SEX DRIVE IN MEN?
- Hormonal abnormalities – Poor testosterone and progesterone levels might cause men to have low libido.
- Smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, and junk food consumption can all have a bad impact on sex.
- Stress can also lead men to have decreased sex drive.
- Anxiety and depression medications can have a negative impact on sexual life.
- Chronic conditions can impair sexual desire.
SEXUAL PROBLEMS IN MEN
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to obtain or maintain a hard adequate erection for intercourse. Some men have ED problems at various stages of their lives, but it becomes a problem when it persists over an extended period of time. It can contribute to low self-esteem and relationship troubles.
- Premature ejaculation (PE) occurs when a guy ejaculates before his typical self or partner. The issue is mostly psychological, although biology is also involved.
- Delayed or suppressed ejaculation is a condition in which men climax or ejaculate after a long duration of sexual arousal, usually more than 30 minutes. Most of the time, it is transient or situational.
- Retrograde ejaculation occurs when the sperm enters the bladder rather than the urethra prior to ejaculation. After reaching climax, there will be very little or no ejaculation of sperm. The
- pee after intercourse appears murky and mixed with sperm. It has the potential to cause male infertility.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION?
Sexual dysfunction can be self-diagnosed with a few or all of the following symptoms:
- Low libido/lack of sexual interest
- Ejaculation issues – early ejaculation or inability to ejaculate
- Inability to start or maintain erections
Ayurveda suggests include foods that boost sex drive in your everyday diet. These are referred to as ‘ojasya’ foods because they increase Ojas in the body. Ojas is the essence of all tissues (7 dhatus) in the body, and it is created following semen production. Ojas improves sexual function, and overall nutrition. Ayurveda recommends the following Ojasya foods:
- Ghee, milk, and butter are examples of dairy products.
- Seasonal and local fruits, including bananas, avocados, dates, figs, and grapes.
- Cucumber, zucchini, sweet potatoes, yams, coconut, and turnips are all examples of green leafy vegetables.
- Almonds, cashews, and walnuts are examples of nuts.
- Mung beans, tofu, and healthful grains are all good options.
AYURVEDIC TIPS FOR GREAT SEX LIFE – AYURVEDA VAJIKARANA TREATMENT
Ayurveda explains the ‘Vajikarana’ regimen for improving strength and stamina required for sexual health.
- Oil Massage (Abhyanga) – Ayurvedic oil massage increases blood circulation throughout the body. Massage should be done in a downward motion to calm vata. Eladi Triphala oil is excellent for increasing circulation.
- Warm water bath: Ayurveda recommends taking a warm water shower before having sex. Showering with warm water decreases vata while also eradicating any unpleasant odours.
SEXUAL WELLNESS PRODUCTS FOR MEN
- Shilajit is a natural mineral-rich material extracted from the Himalayan ranges’ rock exudate. Shilajit, often known as a “elixir,” is praised for its anti-aging, revitalising, and antioxidant effects. Shilajit is known as a panacea in ancient writings and folklore medicine due to its ability to cure a variety of health problems. Shilajit’s fulvic acid boosts male strength and stamina. Shilajit advantages for men include increased blood circulation to the reproductive organs and testosterone levels in men, which improves endurance, energy, and fertility.
- Ashwagandha – Thought as the “horse-smell plant,” it is also known to make a man potent like a horse; and is the best ayurvedic medicine for strength and stamina.Ashwagandha is used to treat a variety of sexual issues, and is best ayurvedic medicine for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and male infertility.
- Shatavari – This herb is extremely advantageous in sexual wellness for women during their reproductive years. Shatavari, which means “one who is wedded to a hundred spouses,” is beneficial for female sexual difficulties. This relates to how beneficial the medicine is to a woman’s sexual life.
- Musali – Musali is a traditional herb used to improve men’s sexual health and overall health. It is well renowned for its ability to strengthen, nourish, and rejuvenate the body. It also enhances both the quality and quantity of sperm and treats male infertility.
These are some of the most effective medicines for decreased sex desire and improves sexual wellness for men.
To Buy Nalikerasavam from Sitaram Ayurveda visit :
Can I take this without any checkup or advice from doctor
For an online consultation, please visit :
Our doctors would be happy to assist you better.
We in customer support are not in a position to give you medical advice. I hope you can understand.