Asana eladi coconut oil is infused with the therapeutic benefits of a number of herbal, mineral and animal origin drugs that pacify and prevent an array of skin complaints arising from Kapha-Pitta aggravation in the skin. It works on dull, chafed and unhealthy skin prone to itching, rashes and boils; and leaves behind soft, supple and radiant skin in its wake. Experience holistic skin health by making Asana eladi coconut oil Abhyanga an essential part of your skincare routine.
Abhyanga or ‘massage’ is an important part of the Dinacharya (daily routine) prescribed by Ayurvedic literature. Scriptures suggest the use of suitable oils massaged in the direction of hair growth and around joints, to pacify aggravated doshas and maintain balance.
Features and benefits of Asana Eladi Coconut Oil –
- Derangement of the Tridoshas, namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha are easily manifested in the skin. Aggravated Kapha causes excessively oily, thick, scabby discolored skin easily given to infection, itching and allergies. Pitta aggravation results in acne prone, sweaty, ruddy skin easily affected by climatic changes, prone to inflammation and breaking out in pustules and blisters. Vata on the other hand manifests as dry, cracked sallow skin with no resistance to infection and disease.
- Detoxifying action – With potent ‘Vishahara’ drugs as ingredients, Asana Eladi coconut oil draws out and expels toxins from insect bites and the like, as well as endotoxins. Endotoxins or products of faulty metabolism are often the causal factors for chronic disorders of the skin. Regular Abhyanga with Eladi taila remedies this aspect.
- Anti-inflammatory action – The unique blend breaks inflammatory pathways in the skin, relieving allergic itching and redness.
- Invigorating and warming – Typical of Kaphahara drugs, Asana eladi coconut oil declogs and opens up sweat and sebum pores, stimulates blood circulation and exfoliates gently. Cleanses the skin of cosmetic build up.
- Revitalising – The coconut base is hydrating and nourishing to the skin. Infused with Cardamom, Cinnamon, Nagakesar, Jatamansi and other aromatic drugs, Asana eladi coconut oil restores vitality and vigor to the senses and the physical body. Soothes and rejuvenates dull and tired looking skin.
- Vigorous massage with warm herbalized Asana Eladi Coconut Oil reduces Kapha by promoting mild sweating, stimulating circulation and cleansing the system. Presence of Jatamansi, Nata and Shallaki stimulates and strengthens nerve function, and relaxes the body.
Quantity sufficient for whole body application or localised application. Massage in the Asana Eladi Coconut Oil for atleast 15-20 minutes for best results.
Suitable for all ages and sexes. (Not advisable for regular use in infants and toddlers).
ELA (Eletteria cardamomum)
The chemical compounds in cardamom significantly decrease gastric secretions. The methanol extract is primarily responsible for decreasing pepsin levels.
TWAK (Cinnamomum verum)
The aroma and flavor of Ceylon Cinnamon comes from an essential oil extracted from the bark, which contains the compound cinnamaldehyde. The compound is used to alleviate stomach ailments. The bark oil and extracts exhibit antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
SARALA (Pinus roxbhurgii)
The essential oil from the plant contains the principal compounds alpha- and beta-pinene, carene and longifoline, which render the herb its therapeutic properties.The Turpentine Oil obtained from Chir Pine is valued in medicine as a rubefacient in various rheumatic ointments, liniments and lotions for treating minor aches and pains and colds when applied externally on the chest and throat.
SHALLAKI (Boswelia serrata)
The herb’s gum-resin has significant anti-inflammatory properties. The gum-resin is used in treating osteoarthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, soft tissue fibrositis and spondylitis. The essential oil derived from the gum resin has antifungal properties.
TAGARA (Valeria jatamansi)
The hesperidin and methylapigenin present in Indian Valerian have sedative and sleep-enhancing properties. The herb maintains normal nervine function and is also used in treating anxiety and tremors. It relieves nervous irritation and agitation
JATAMANSI (Nardostachys jatamansi)
The oil of Musk Root contains dnardostachone, valeranone and jatamansone as the major ketonic sesquiterpenes. These components give the herb its central tranquilizer and sedative properties.
JATI (Myristica fragrans)
The main chemical components of Mace are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, a-phellandrene, a-terpinene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, linalool, terpinen-4-ol, safrole, methyl eugenol and myristicin, which render the herb its therapeutic properties.The essential oil derived from Mace is considered to be the most efficacious. The oil is a potent brain booster. It increases concentration and relieves stress. The herb is also beneficial for the heart as it stimulates blood circulation. Mace’s anti-inflammatory properties are used to treat joint and muscle aches.
GUGGULU (Commiphora mukul)
Indian Bdellium contains resin, volatile oils and gum. The extracts have ketonic steroid compounds known as guggulsterones. E- and Z-guggulsterones are the compounds that are responsible for lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
DEVADARU (Cedrus deodar)
Deodar oil contains two major sesquiterpenoids a – and ß- himachalenes. Deodardione (1) and deodardione (2) are also isolated from the essential oil. The oil shows invitro antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory activity.
SARJA (Shorea robusta)
The resin of the Sal Tree has an oleoresin, which contains triterpenoids, the derivatives of ursonic, oleanane and a triterpene acid. These chemical constituents give Sal Tree its therapeutic benefits. On topical application, Sal Tree extracts heal skin and ear infections. It is also a potent hair and skin cleanser.
KUMKUMA (Crocus sativus)
Safranal is the most important volatile oil compound found in Saffron, which gives the herb its flavor. A carotenoid compound, a-crocin, gives the herb its distinct color. It contains minerals like potassium, which control heart rate and blood pressure, and vitamins A and C, folic acid, niacin and riboflavin that are essential for maintaining healthy growth. It rejuvenates the skin and is beneficial in treating respiratory conditions. The herb can also be used as a nervine sedative and as an emmenagogue.
NAGAKESAR (Messua ferra)
Ironwood Tree possesses many therapeutic benefits. It is a hemostatic that stops bleeding and is also an anti-inflammatory. Stamens from the flower of the Ironwood Tree plant contain alpha- and beta-amyrin, beta-sitosterol, biflavonoids, mesuaferrones A and B, and mesuanic acid.
100% Natural. Aromatic. Not tested on animals.
There are no reviews yet.