Balaguluchyadi Thailam is a medicated oil described in the text Sahasrayoga with Bala (Sida cordifolia), Guloochi (Tinospora cordifolia), Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) etc. as the main ingredients in a warming sesame oil base.
Balaguluchyadi Thailam is commonly used for Abhyanga (body massage) and application over head. Application of oil over head and body is one of the daily regimens (Dinacharya) explained in Ayurveda. Practising these daily regimen provide multiple health benefits.
Features and benefits of Balaguluchyadi Thailam –
- Balaguluchyadi Thailam is a widely practiced Ayurvedic medicine.
- Mostly prescribed in the period of convalescence. Massage using this Balaguluchyadi Thailam helps to regain strength and vitality.
- Balaguluchyadi Thailam is beneficial in the management of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Application of the oil over head provide good sleep and helps to reduce stress.
- Balaguluchyadi Thailam also help to reduce burning sensation of skin.
Quantity sufficient based on the region of application.
BALA (Sida cordifolia)
Sida cordifolia is a known tonic, astringent, emollient, and aphrodisiac. The drug is a major ingredient of several formulations in Ayurveda.
GULUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia)
It has a wide range of medicinal properties. Studies show that Tinospora has immunomodulatory, anti-diabetic, anti-toxic, anti-arthritic, anti-microbial and antioxidant effects.
It possesses qualities like anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, diuretic, anti-ulcer, neuroleptic activity etc.
JATAMANSI (Nardostachys jatamansi)
Jatamansi possesses tranquillizing activity, hypotensive, anticonvulsant, neuroprotective, anti-ischemic properties.
CHANDANA (Santalum album)
The drug possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, carminative, antiseptic, diuretic, emollient,
memory booster and sedative effects.
ASHWAGANDHA (Withania somnifera)
The pharmacological activities of Aswagandha include antimicrobial, anticancer, immunomodulatory, neuroprotective, stress-relieving activities.
RASNA (Alpinia Galanga)
The plant has stimulant, carminative, aphrodisiac and anti-inflammatory properties. The rhizome is the part used.