‘Ketu’ indicates brightness. Kaphaketu rasa breaks through and shatters the sluggishness and heaviness imposed by deranged Kapha in the body. The uniqueness of the product lies in that, it can work in very small doses, even in a person with compromised digestion and metabolism.
‘Kaphaketu rasa’ is a potent combination of purified ‘Vatsanabha’ (Aconitum ferox), Tankana bhasma (borax), Shankha bhasma (incinerated conch shell) and Magadhi (Long pepper) ground repeatedly in ginger juice. It is beneficial in the management of sinusitis, chronic inflammations in the respiratory tract and metabolic syndrome.
Features & Benefits of Kaphaketu Rasa Gulika –
- Kaphaketu Rasa is a potent remedy for chronic infection and diseases associated with the respiratory system.
- Sloughs off problematic Kapha from the sinuses, nasal tract, throat and lungs.
- Beneficial in chest congestion and wheezing. Kaphaketu Rasa also helps clear the respiratory tract.
- Kapha aggravation in the body manifests as poor digestion and sluggish metabolism. Kaphaketu rasa restores the ‘Jatharagni’ or digestive fire.
- ‘Ama’ is the metabolic waste that accumulates in the body. It clogs gross and subtle channels in the body. ‘Ama pachan’ or the process of breaking down and expelling the disease-causing toxins is the hallmark property of this formula.
Adult: 1-2 tablets twice daily along with a suitable adjuvant, as advised by the Physician.
Child: 1/2 – 1 tablet twice daily along with a suitable adjuvant, as advised by the Physician.
VATSANABHA (Aconitum ferox)
SHANKA BHASMA-Shankh Bhasma (also spelt as Shankha Bhasm) is an Ayurvedic remedy prepared from a conch shell. In Ayurveda, Shankh Bhasma is used for treating diarrhoea (loose stools), acne, pimples, liver enlargement (hepatomegaly), splenomegaly, abdominal pain, indigestion, loss of appetite, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal distension, and irritable bowel syndrome. It has several other health benefits and medicinal uses.
It is an essential element for dietary intake for human and animals. Shuddha tankana has great therapeutic/medicinal value as a potent expectorant, anti-inflammatory, digestive, diuretic, antimicrobial and is considered as an antidote for Aconite .The present study focuses on the therapeutic value of tankana in stree roga.
PIPPALI (Piper longum)
Pippali is known as “tridoshic” herb as it suits all body types. Thus regular consumption of Pippali in suggested quantity can help you to immune your body to quite an extent. Pippali has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory activity. Consumption of Pippali is said to exhibit antispasmodic action and hypoglycaemic effect, which is believed to lower blood sugar level. It is also reported to be antagonist in respiratory depression. Also, due to its cooling post-digestive effect, consumption of Pippali is considered as a safe and effective option to avoid all sorts of digestive disorders.