karpasasthyadi thailam is a nourishing Vata-balancing formula. It is indicated for pacifying all kinds of Vata derangement in the body, with a special affinity to degenerative signs in the shoulder joint.
A competent osteomuscular system is the key to a functional and energetic body. Vata dosha is aggravated by a number of factors like faulty diet, lifestyle, climatic conditions or simply ageing. This Vata-derangement manifests as dryness, roughness, degeneration, pain and oedema in the body, especially the spine and joints. Regular abhyanga with Vata alleviating taila keeps these symptoms in check. It calms the body and invigorates the senses.
Features and benefits of Karpasasthyadi Thailam –
- Sesame oil fortified with the nourishing and vata-balancing properties of Karpasasthi (Seed of Gossypium hirsuitum), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Masha (Vigna mungo), Kulattha (Macrotyloma uniflorum), Devadaru (Cedrus deodara), Rasna (Alpinia galanja), Kushta (Saussurea costus), Shatahwa (Anethum sowa), Sigru (Moringa oleifera), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa) etc.
- Applied to painful joints, Karpasasthyadi thailam relieves pain and inflammation. It is extensively used in supporting the treatment of all kinds of rheumatic disorders.
- The Karpasasthyadi thailam formulation shows distinct efficacy in curing degenerative symptoms in the shoulder joint. It gives good results in the treatment of frozen shoulder and similar arthropathies.
- It draws out deep tissue swelling and edema. Sigru and Punarnava have a special role in this diuretic aspect.
- It nourishes joints and replenishes synovial fluid. Karpasasthi, Masha, Bala and Ajaksheera promote tissue repair and regeneration in the joints.
- It is an excellent remedy for pain, rigidity and loss of mobility due to different kinds of degenerative arthritis. Devadaru and Rasna have distinct analgesic properties.
- Abhyanga (self massage) with the Karpasasthyadi thailam helps in calming the Vata element throughout the body. It invigorates the skin and the nervous system.
- It is also used internally, as Pana (oral medicine) or Nasya (nasal instillation) for applying its potent Vatahara property to the Koshta.
Dosage & Directions for Use
Quantity sufficient based on the area of application.
For self-massage, Karpasasthyadi thailam should be warmed and massaged in smooth continuous strokes over the entire body, going round the joints several times.
Suitable for all ages.
TILATAILAM (Sesamum Indicum)
Commonly known as sesame oil also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. The topical application of sesame oil is found to relieve chronic inflammations. It is also helpful in increasing the flexibility of muscles and protects joints from oxidative stress due to its anti-oxidant properties ( prevents damaging cells).
ERANDA TAILA (Ricinus communis)
All the parts of this herb have medicinal value. Castor seeds and seed oil is used from ancient times to cure disorders like rheumatism, worm infestation, and abdominal disorders. External application of this oil is used to relieve boils, furuncles, and various skin related disorders. Internally, castor oil is taken to relieve constipation. The oil is also applied over the scalp as well as eyebrows for better growth of the hair.
KARPASASTHI (Seed of Gossypium hirsutum)
Also known as upland cotton or Mexican cotton. The cotton root bark is used as an aid during childbirth and as a remedy for the absence of menstruation, irregular menstruation, and painful menstruation. Pregnant women take cotton root bark to increase uterine contractions, to expel the afterbirth, and to help with the secretion of milk. Cotton seeds are an excellent aphrodisiac and nerve tonic.
MASHA (Vigna mungo)
Commonly known black gram. Black gram or urad dal holds a high protein value than most of the legumes. It is also an excellent source of dietary fiber, isoflavones, vitamin B complex, iron, copper, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, phosphorus which offers a myriad of healing health benefits. It is well known for its detoxification activities and is used to refresh mentality, alleviate heat stroke, and reduce swelling in the summer.
KULATHA (Macrotyloma uniflorum)
Commonly called horse gram. Horse gram powder does wonder in treating various health issues such as asthma, bronchitis, urinary problems, jaundice, peptic ulcer, hemorrhoids, and even menstrual problems. It is also beneficial for extracting phlegm and controlling fever. The daily intake of Horse Gram helps in lowering blood glucose levels and cures Diabetes.
BALA (Sida cordifolia)
One of the main ingredients in many of the ayurvedic formulation and mainly used in vataja disorder. Also useful in pregnancy to make milk decoction for easy delivery. The pounded leaves are used to relieve swelling, the fruits are used to relieve headache, the mucilage is used as an emollient, and the root is used to treat rheumatism.
DEVADARU (Cedrus deodara)
Devadaru is useful in skin disorders, helminthiasis, and ulcers and is a wound cleanser. Also helps in removing flatulence and aids in removing toxins from the gut. Effective painkiller due to its analgesic properties. External application of the paste of Deodar helps to relieve pain, swelling, inflammation, cleansing infected wounds and skin disorders associated with pain and itching. Himalayan Cedar oil is also used in headache, arthritis pain, and infected wounds, externally.
SHUNTI (Zingiber officinale)
Very effective drug in reducing flatulence and bloating of the abdomen. It is very much effective in both fresh and dried forms. Dry ginger powder helps in the digestion and elimination of toxins. It acts as an anti-diarrhoeal and anti-dysenteric. It improves bone health, relieving pain and inflammation in joints. Chewing shunti gives relief from the bloating of the abdomen.
RASNA (Alpinia galanga)
Commonly called blue ginger or great galangal. The rhizome is used for medicinal purposes. Rich in antioxidants and may boost male fertility and reduce inflammation and pain. It may even protect against infections and certain types of cancer. A small piece of the rhizome is chewed in the mouth to relieve the bad odor.
Speciality: 100 % Natural. Purely herbal. Vegetarian.