A popular yoga from the Sahasra Yoga, Taila Prakarana, Karpooradi Thailam is widely used for its acute pain-relieving properties. It is simple preparation of sesame oil infused with the potent anti-inflammatory properties of Ajamoda (Trachyspermum roxburghianum) and Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora).
Abhyanga or ‘massage’ is an important part of the Dinacharya (Daily routine) prescribed by Ayurvedic literature. Scriptures suggest the use of suitable oils massaged in the direction of hair growth and around joints, to pacify aggravated doshas and maintain balance. Karpooradi Thailam is ideal for the winter months when the ‘Vata’ element is aggravated in the body and manifests as aches, pains and rigidity all over the body.
Karpooradi thailam is a pain-relieving oil. It may be used on its own or in combination with other treatment methods. Karpura (camphor) is the central ingredient used in the oil. It is blended along with Ajamoda and other herbs in a sesame oil base.
Benefits of Karpooradi Thailam
The anti-inflammatory properties of Karpooradi Thailam helps to provide instant relief from muscular pain, cramps, earache & toothache, pain and swelling arising from traumatic injury. Massage done using Karpooradi Thailam helps to improve blood circulation.
Pain reliever Thailam
Karpooradi Thailam provides relief from muscle pain and generalized body aches and is helpful in conditions like musculoskeletal disorders like sciatica, back pain, and rheumatoid arthritis. It is also used in the treatment of neck pain and frozen shoulder.
Ayurvedic Thailam for Joint care
Karpooradi Thailam reduces pain and swelling occurring in inflammatory joint diseases. The formulation provides a sort of warmth when applied externally which helps to reduce joint stiffness and improves joint flexibility and is used by those with arthritic ailments.
Instant Migraine relief
Application of a few drops of Karpooradi Thailam to the forehead helps to relieve headaches. The cooling effect of the camphor in the formulation is also useful to provide instant but temporary relief from migraine.
The application of warm Karpooradi Thailam on the chest helps to reduce chest congestion. The oil is popular among those with breathing difficulties as the camphor and Ajamoda in the oil helps to clear out mucus in the chest and eases respiration.
Features and benefits of Karpooradi Thailam –
- Karpooradi Thailam is ideal for the winter months when the ‘Vata’ element is aggravated in the body and manifests as aches, pains and rigidity all over the body.
- It effectively mitigates Vatadosha by its Ushna (hot) and Snigdha (Unctuous) properties. It may be used for extended periods for conditions of rheumatism characterised by pain and oedema, trauma-induced injury and impeded lymph drainage.
- The rubefacient property of the taila due to the presence of camphor and Ajamoda gives instant results in painful conditions.
- It is also preferentially used as supportive therapy in certain asthmatic conditions. The chest region is anointed with the taila and subjected to sudation, wherein it acts quickly and sustainably on relieving the bronchial spasm and clearing congestion.
- Invigorating and warming – Typical of Kaphahara medicines, the Karpooradi thailam unclogs and opens up sweat and sebum pores, stimulates blood circulation, and delivers the medicinal properties of the drugs to deeper tissues.
- Revitalising – The coconut base is hydrating and nourishing to the skin. Infused with the aroma of Ajmoda and Karpoora, Karpooradi thailam restores vitality and vigour to the senses and the physical body. It soothes and rejuvenates dull and tired skin and deeper tissues.
Quantity sufficient for whole-body application or localised application. Massage in the Karpooradi thailam for at least 15-20 minutes, and follow up by sudation or a warm bath for best results.
Suitable for all ages and both sexes.
TILA THAILAM (Sesamum Indicum)
Sesame oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Topical application of sesame oil is found to relieve chronic inflammations. It is also helpful in increasing the flexibility of muscles and protects joints from oxidative stress due to its antioxidant properties.
KARPURA (Cinnamomum camphora)
Also known as camphor , it acts as a counter-irritant and is therefore used topically to relieve pain and swelling. It causes numbness of sensory nerve endings of the skin, thereby reliving pain and inflammation, and preventing skin redness. It helps to cure swelling of various body parts so give relief to joints pain .
AJAMODA (Trachyspermum roxburghianum)
It is an important drug of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani system of medicine, which consists of umbelliferous fruits. The drug to be used in the formulations are fruits of Apium leptophyllum. According to Ayurveda, Ajamoda Arka is useful in Agnimandya (loss of appetite), Ajirna (indigestion), Bastiroga (urinary bladder disorder), Vata-Kapha-Roga (diseases due to Vata & Kapha disorders) and Aruchi (Anorexia).
100% natural. Herbal. Vegetarian.