Kokilaksha (Astercantha longfolia) and Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) combine in this Pitta pacifying combination of Kokilakshakam Kashayam mentioned in Bhaishajya Ratnavali. Kokilaksha has been singularly and in combination with other herbs used extensively in folklore and traditional medicine for relieving edema and water retention in the body.
‘Kashaya’ or herbal decoctions harness the healing properties of herbs and roots in a mild aqueous base. They are easily digested and can be administered even in convalescing patients.
Features and benefits of Kokilakshakam Kashayam –
- Kokilaksha (Astercantha longifolia) along with Amrit (Tinospora cordifolia) has potent anti-inflammatory property. It stimulates cellular metabolism. Breaks down ‘Ama’ or disease causing complexes in the body. Kokilakshakam Kashayam is widely used in managing inflammatory arthritis and skin disorders.
- Both Kokilaksha and Amrit are cooling to the body and have a sweet after-taste. These properties signify Pitta-pacifying nature
- It draws out inflammatory swelling and metabolic waste from deep within the body. It detoxifies the body and promotes cellular repair.
- Uric acid crystals in joint spaces results in severe pain and tenderness. The diuretic property of Kokilakshakam Kashayam helps in improving circulation and relieving symptoms associated with hyperuremia.
- It purifies blood and stimulates lymphatic circulation.
- It boosts liver function and metabolism.
- It improves renal function and fluid drainage from the body.
- Kokilakshakam Kashayam helps in managing obesity and hypertension.
15-20 ml mixed of Kokilakshakam Kashayam with 45-60 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on empty stomach.
Child: 10-15 ml of Kokilakshakam Kashayam mixed with 30-45 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on empty stomach.
Suitable for adults.
KOKILAKSHA (Hygrophila auriculata)
Kokilaksha is considered a Rasayanic herb (rejuvenating agent). All parts of this plant are used (leaves, seeds, root) for medicinal purposes and have a slightly bitter taste. Kokilaksha is considered good for men and helps in managing erectile dysfunction by increasing the testosterone levels. It also improves sexual stamina due to its aphrodisiac property. Kokilaksha also helps to manage blood sugar by preventing damage to insulin-producing cells due to its antioxidant property.
GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia)
It is a well-recognized and widely distributed traditional plant that is used successfully in Indian Ayurveda medicine. Guduchi helps increase the effectiveness of protective white blood cells which fight infection. The herb also augments immune responses to infections by influencing various immune effector cells and ensures early recovery. It is effective in Infections in the respiratory system, skin, and soft tissues, Infected wounds, especially in diabetic conditions and immune-compromised conditions. The extract is used directly, effective in fever.
100% Natural. Purely herbal. Vegetarian.