Panchakolam choornam is an excellent ayurvedic formulation that kindles the digestive fire. The word ‘pancha’ means five and ‘kolam’ is a measurement denoting the volume of seed. The main ingredients are Chavya, Pippali, Pippali moola, Shunti, Chitrakamoola. Taking the churnam with warm water, buttermilk or honey gives the desired effect.
Benefits of Panchakola Choornam
- It’s commonly used as an appetizer, carminative, and digestant, as well as to repair metabolic faults i.e. Agni dushti.
- Tridoshagna, as it is effective in combating the three vitiated doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- It is given before Panchakarma procedures for Amapachana.
- Panchakolam churnam act as a deepana (appetizer) as well as pachana (digestant).
- Removes excess unhealthy fats, and lipids.
- Alleviates colic pain and subsides the bloating tendency
- Very effective in treating malabsorption syndrome
Ingredients of Panchakola Choornam
- Improves appetite, and checks indigestion
- Prevents liver ailments
- Fight against bacterial infections
- Effective in menstrual cramps and bloating
- Prevents cholesterol – LDL accumulation in blood vessels and the liver
- Prominent wound healing activity
- Manages microbial infection
- Relieves constipation, abdominal pain
- Increases digestive strength and worm infestation.
- Relieves cough and asthma.
- Also controls bloating, and fullness