Panchakolam choornam is an excellent Ayurvedic formulation that kindles the digestive fire. The word ‘Pancha’ means five and ‘Kolam’ is a measurement denoting the volume of seed. The main ingredients are Chavya, Pippali, Pippali moola, Shunti, Chitrakamoola. Taking Panchakola Choornam with warm water, buttermilk or honey gives the desired effect.
Benefits of Panchakola Choornam-
- It is commonly used as an appetizer, carminative, and digestant, as well as to repair metabolic faults i.e. Agni dushti.
- It is Tridoshagna, as it is effective in combating the three vitiated doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- It is given before Panchakarma procedures for Amapachana.
- Panchakolam choornam act as a ‘Deepana’ (appetizer) as well as ‘Pachana’ (digestant).
- It removes excess unhealthy fats, and lipids.
- It alleviates colic pain and subsides the bloating tendency.
- It is very effective in treating malabsorption syndrome.