‘Sira’ means Head and ‘Thoda’ means Pain in Sanskrit. Sirasthoda Lepam is a modern pharmaceutical adaptation of age old Ayurvedic wisdom in pain relief.
The ‘Lepa’ (poultice) is a potent combination of anti-inflammatory and analgesic herbs, gums and resins. The ointment adaptation is particularly suitable for application on the forehead in case of head ache, especially due to aggravated Pitta. Sirasthoda Lepam can also be used readily in other instances of pain arising from trauma and acute inflammation.
Features and benefits of Sirasthoda Lepam –
- Cooling and aromatic poultice containing Kanyasara (dried pulp of Aloe), Sallaki (Boswellia serrata) etc. adapted to a user friendly ointment form.
- Inflammation leads to redness, pain, warmth and swelling. Localised inflammation is characteristic to vascular headache, trauma, insect stings and bites, degenerative joints, gouty arthritis etc.
- Sirasthoda Lepam immediately kicks into action upon application. The ingredients have intense ‘Seeta’ guna and is capable of pacifying deranged ‘Pitta dosha’ that is responsible for inflammation.
- It draws out deep tissue inflammation. It relieves swelling and congestion in the affected part.
- Sirasthoda Lepam is also an excellent remedy for throbbing headaches caused by deranged Pitta in the body.
Quantity sufficient based on the area affected. Apply Sirasthoda Lepam and leave undisturbed for at least 20 minutes. Wipe off and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat as many times as the pain demands.