‘Vata’ disorders are characterised by inflamed body tissue and joints, pain and rigidity. Ashtavargam Kashayam tablets consists of eight prime ‘Vata-hara’ drugs. Widely used in practice, the Kashaya is also found to bring about fluid-electrolyte balance in the body.
Features & benefits of Ashtavargam Kashayam –
- Ashtavargam Kashayam is a combiantion of Bala (Sida cordifolia), Sahachara (Nilgirianthus ciliatus), Eranda (Riccinum communis), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) and Suradruma (Cedrus deodara), Sindhuvara (Vitex negundo) and Lasuna (Allium cepa).
- The eight drugs have prime ‘Vata-hara’ action. Ashtavargam Kashayam relieves pain and swelling associated with inflammatory arthritis.
- Ashtavargam Kashayam tablets also relieve joint rigidity and improves mobility.
- Rasona and Sindhuvara have potent ‘Ama-hara’ property. The formula penetrates deep into tissues and breaks down disease-causing complexes or ‘Ama’.
- They are ‘heating’ in nature. Pacifies aggravated Vata and Kapha.
BALA (Sida cordifolia)
It is one of the main ingredients in many of the Ayurvedic formulations and mainly used in Vataja disorder. Also useful in pregnancy to make milk decoction for easy delivery
SAHACHARA (Barleria prionitis)
It has a good effect on back pains. It is effective in slip disc conditions and has good results in muscle stiffness. It is also a very much effective drug to balance Vata disorders. The paste of the leaves is applied over the scalp to strengthen hairs and well to relieve swelling in another body part.
ERANDA (Ricinus communis)
All the parts of this herb have medicinal value. Castor seeds and seed oil is used from ancient times to cure disorders like rheumatism, worm infestation, and abdominal disorders. External application of this oil is used to relieve boils, furuncles, and various skin related disorders.
ARDRAKA (Zingiber officinale)
It is a very effective drug to reduce flatulence and bloating of the abdomen. It is very much effective in both fresh and dried forms. Dry ginger powder helps in the digestion and elimination of toxins. It acts as an anti-diarrhoeal and anti-dysenteric. It improves bone health, relieving pain and inflammation in joints.
RASNA (Pluchea lanceolata)
Rasna is beneficial in managing arthritis as it reduces inflammation and joint pain due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is also good for kidneys as it reduces oxidative stress due to its antioxidant properties. As per Ayurveda, drinking Rasna Kadha (decoction) is useful in arthritis and kidney problems.
DEVADARU (Cedrus deodara)
Devadaru is useful in skin disorders, helminthiasis, and ulcers and is a wound cleanser. It also helps in removing flatulence and aids in removing toxins from the gut. It is an effective painkiller due to its analgesic properties.