Vata-Pitta imbalance pervades every aspect of the human body and its function. In the musculoskeletal system it causes pain, rigidity and loss of function coupled with burning sensation, neurodegeneration and muscle wasting. In the gut it leads to deranged digestion and metabolism.
Balaguluchyadi Kashayam is a simple combination of Bala (Sida cordifolia), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) and Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) that soothes and strengthens the body ravaged by Vata and Pitta doshas.
‘Kashaya’ or herbal decoctions harness the healing properties of herbs and roots in a mild and easily absorbable water base.
Features and benefits of Balaguluchyadi Kashayam –
- Sesame oil infused with herbal drugs that are anti-inflammatory and nourishing. Balances the three doshas in synergy.
- Guduchi pacifies Pitta in the system. Balaguluchyadi Kashayam soothes inflammatory changes in the body. Relieves pain and burning sensation in the body.
- Cools the body from within. Excellent remedy for Jwara characterized by the intense heat of ‘pitta dosha’
- Devadaru and Bala pacify Vata in the system. Balaguluchyadi Kashayam improves nerve function and mobility. Relieves pain, swelling and rigidity associated with rheumatism, gout, and degenerative diseases.
- Balaguluchyadi Kashayam is also used to support the treatment of inflammatory arthritis and neurodegenerative disorders.
BALA (Sida cordifolia Linn)
The Ayurvedic system of medicine considers Bala or Sida cordifolia as a tonic, astringent, emollient, and aphrodisiac. The drug also forms a chief ingredient of several important formulations and preparations in Ayurveda. Internally, bala is believed to be a very effective nervine tonic and rasayana for all kinds of vata disorders.
GUDUCHI (Tinospora cordifolia)
Guduchi is a well-recognized and widely distributed traditional plant that is used successfully in Indian Ayurveda medicine. Guduchi helps increase the effectiveness of protective white blood cells which fight infection. The herb also augments immune responses to infections by influencing various immune effector cells and ensures early recovery. Its effective in Infections in the respiratory system, skin, and soft tissues, Infected wounds, especially in diabetic conditions and immune compromised conditions.
DEVADARU (Cedrus deodara)
Himalayan Cedar is very effective in neurological disorders, asthma, pruritus, infested wound. Devadaru is also effective in arthritis and headache. Deodar oil contains two major sesquiterpenoids a – and ß- himachalenes. Deodardione are also isolated from the essential oil. The oil shows invitro antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory activity.