What Does Brahmi Do for You?
- Excellent remedy for habitual stress and mental fatigue. Channelises the flow of prana or ‘life energy’ in the body.
Improves intellect, memory and concentration. Modulates brain activity. Maintains health and funtionality of neurotransmitters and brain tissue.
- Invaluable for students and persons engaged in rigorous studying and brain exertion.
- Bestows the power of speech and articulation. Routinely used in supporting the treatment of stammering, slurred speech, tremors, tics and palsies.
- Efficiently supports the treatment of dementia and psycho-motor retardation. Strengthens nerves and the central nervous system.
- Balances the Kapha and Pitta elements in the system. Maintains balance of the tridoshas. Scrapes out and expels vitiated kapha that block gross and subtle channels in the body. Keeps metabolism on track.
Normal changes in the structure and function of the brain, as it ages, are responsible for the common memory problems we encounter as we grow older. Good sleep, memory and focus are pointers to healthy brain function. The ravages of age and diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s affecting the body and mind lead to irritability, lack of coherence, confusion, sleeplessness and anxiety.
The concept of ‘Medhya Rasayana’ in Ayurvedasastra is devoted to promoting the sharpness of intellect . It aims to protect the brain functions from the frailities of age. Therapeutic use of Brahmi, prime among medhya rasayanas promotes sound thought, good retention and memory, excellent articulation and sense of calm. Brahmi has been tested time and again to yield astounding results in its capacity to nourish brain function.
Why Choose Sitaram Brahmi Capsule?
VEDIC WISDOM ON BRAHMI
Ayurvedic pharmacodynamics of Brahmi
Rasa: Tikta kashaya
Charaka has included Brahmi in the ‘Prajnasthapana gana’, the group of dravya that stabilises the ‘prajna’ or intellect. A reference that testifies the potent healing properties of Brahmi, quoted from the ancient text Gadanigraha,
Loosely translated as –
“ Brahmi has tikta rasa (taste) and katu vipaka ( metabolic principle), it is hrdya (good for the heart), medhya (good for mental function), bestows the individual with vak (faculty of speech), swara (clarity of voice), smriti (memory and retention) and ayuh (longevity). It scarifies problematic kapha dosha from the channels in the body relieving respiratory congestion and sluggish metabolic function.”
Monnierin, Hersaponin, Bacosides A and B. Bacosides A and B , Ascorbic acid, Nicotinic acid, Brahmine, Herpestine, Alanine,Hentri-acontane, Octacosane, Monnierin (saponin), Hersaponin, Bacoside A & B, Bacogenins A1-A4 (Sapogenins). 13-Sitosterol etc.
Botanical name: Bacopa monneiri
English name: Thyme leaved gratiola
Hindi name: Jalnim, Gotukola
Malayalam name : Brahmi