What does Sallaki do for you?
- Holistic bone and joint care. Vata derangement in the musculoskeletal system leads to brittle bones, weak musculature and unstable joints. Sallaki mitigates pain as well as supplements the ‘asthi dhatu’ (bone tissue) in a wholesome manner.
- Inflammation is the root cause of all pain and disease. Chronic swelling and pain is the trademark of inflammatory disorders. Sallaki has time-tested efficacy in drawing out deep tissue inflammation.
- With its ushna and teekshna gunas (hot and penetrating properties), it scrapes off vitiated kapha and metabolic toxins from the body. Therapeutic use helps the body in overcoming the lethargy imposed by vitiated Kapha element. It sets the metabolism on track and helps the body in shedding unhealthy body mass.
- Clinical evidence supports its efficacy in combating lifestyle disorders like hypertension, diabetes and obesity.
- Clears circulatory channels. Promotes optimum blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- It has potent anti-microbial action. It prevents infection and disease.
Derangement of vata elements in the body ravages the body from within. It courses through the body causing degeneration and loss of function in its wake. The affected joints and musculature become weak and wasted. Inflammation sets in, giving rise to pain – pain in executing the normal functions of the body, pain in doing routine activities, pain even at rest.
Chronic pain greatly reduces the quality of life of an individual. Indian Frankinescence or Sallaki is the resin of the Boswellia serrata, renowned for its efficacy in mitigating pain and restoring absolute bone and joint health.
It has intense ‘kapha hara’ action. Sluggish kapha pools in and blocks circulatory pathways makes circulating fluids heavy and non-functional, and blocks metabolic pathways. The heat and potency of Sallaki break down the impotency brought about by deranged kapha in the system. It is widely used to combat obesity and associated lifestyle disorders.
Vedic wisdom on Sallaki
Rasa: Tikta, Madhura
Karma: Twachya, Jwarahara, Mukharogahara, Vedanahara
Classical reference from Bhavaprakasa Nighantu:
Translated as – Sallaki is bitter to taste, cold in potency, and relieves diseases of Pitta-Sleshma origin and Atisara (diarrhoea). It alleviates raktapitta and vrana, is nourishing (pushitkrt).
Boswellia serrata contains various derivatives of boswellic acid including β-boswellic acid, acetyl-β-boswellic acid, 11-keto-β-boswellic acid and acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid
Botanical name: Resin of Boswellia serrata
English name: Indian Frankinescence
Hindi name: Salai
Malayalam name: Kunturukkam
Sanskrit name: Sallaki
There are no reviews yet.