Varadi Kashayam is a simple combination of Triphala with Loha choorna and a digestive drugs, mentioned in the context of ‘Sthoulya Chikitsa’ or weight management in the Sahasrayoga.
‘Kashaya’ or herbal decoctions harness the healing properties of herbs and roots in a mild and easily absorbable water base.
Features and benefits of Varadi Kashayam –
- Varadi Kashayam is a potent digestive combination of Triphala, Agni, Haridra and Purified Loha bhasma (Incinerated iron powder).
- Triphala balances Tridoshas in the system. It sets metabolism on track.
- Chitraka invigorates the digestive fire and metabolic agency. It beaks down ‘ama’ or disease causing complexes that accumulate in deeper body tissue.
- Lohachoorna is very effective in managing derangements of ‘Medodhatu’. The Varadi Kashayam decoction is widely used for managing hyperglycemia, sluggish metabolism and obesity.
- The Varadi Kashayam formula is also used in remedying persistently low blood heme levels, Boosts hepatic and splenic function.
- Haridra imparts excellent anti-inflammatory property to the formula. It rejuvenates and detoxifies the body.
Dosage & Directions for Use
Adult: 15-20 ml of Varadi Kashayam mixed with 45-60 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on empty stomach.
Child: 10-15 ml of Varadi Kashayam mixed with 30-45 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on empty stomach.
Suitable for all ages.
HARITAKI (Terminalia chebula)
Commonly known as Indian walnut tree, it is one among the Triphala. The important drug in the various Ayurvedic preparations. It holds high significance for treating diarrhea, dysentery, vision problems, obesity, gingivitis, gout, asthma. Haritaki is rich in Vitamin C and substances found to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
VIBHITAKI (Terminalia bellerica)
Commonly known as Bahera, it is one among the Triphala. The fruit of the plant is used. The drug is used in the preparation of many Rasayanas as well used in obesity, maintaining blood sugar level, enhances digestion, relieves constipation, etc.
AMALAKI (Embilica officinalis)
Commonly known as Indian gooseberry, it is one among the Triphala. Rich with Vitamin C Amalaki is known for its anti-aging property and as an immunity booster. It is commonly used for maintaining cholesterol levels, heartburn, and in diabetic conditions. Easily available in the kitchen as a side dish.
ASANA (Ptenocarpous marsupium)
Also known as Indian Kino tree or Vijayasara. Tree bark is used for medicinal purpose. It prevents damage of the pancreatic cells thus helps in maintaining blood sugar level, used in skin conditions, digestive problems, hair fall, etc.
DAHANA (Plumbago Zylanica)
The whole of the plant is used for medicinal purposes. The word ‘Dahana’ means that burns or digests. This medicinal herb is used mainly in indigestion cases along with carminative, antiaging properties. It also helps manage atherosclerosis as it prevents the deposition of fatty substances in arteries and maintains the blood flow in the body.
Elemental iron is used for preventing and treating anemia caused by low iron levels. It is also used for anemia caused by abnormal heavy bleeding during menstrual periods (menorrhagia), pregnancy, or kidney problems.
NISHA (Curcuma longa)
Commonly known as turmeric, it is easily found in the kitchen. Possess anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-oxidant properties. The drug is commonly used in insect bites, indigestion, anorectal conditions like hemorrhoids, etc. Turmeric powder mixed in water and taken in the early morning eliminates the toxins from the body.
100% Natural. Herbo-mineral. Vegetarian.
There are no reviews yet.