Ardhavilwam Kashayam restores fluid-electrolyte balance in the body. It relieves bowel disorders and constipation.
Whole-body oedema is part and parcel of many chronic illnesses like anaemia, malignancy, renal failure, hepatic disorders etc. The lymphatic drainage is affected, and there is pooling of fluid and oedema in body spaces. The circulating blood is poor in quality and does not carry out its functions properly.
Features and benefits of Ardhavilwam Kashayam-
- Ardhavilwam Kashayam is a diuretic combination of Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Brhati (Solanum indicum), Bhunimba (Andrographis panniculata), Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera), Duralabha (Tragia involucrata), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa) and Vilwa (Aegle marmelos).
- It is an excellent remedy for whole-body oedema. It is useful in managing hepatic and renal functional disorders. Restores fluid-electrolyte balance.
- It stimulates appetite and digestion. Relieves abdominal flatulence and intestinal gas. Improves bowel motility.
- It boosts renal function. Ardhavilwam Kashayam encourages lymphatic circulation and drainage. It is effective in managing lifestyle disorders like hyperlipidemia, hypertension, obesity etc.
- It promotes blood circulation. Purifies blood.
- Ardhavilwam Kashayam is also useful in managing sprue and irritable bowel in children and adults.
Dosage & Directions for Use
Adult: 15-20 ml of Ardhavilwam Kashayam mixed with 45-60 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on an empty stomach.
Child: 10-15 ml of Ardhavilwam Kashayam mixed with 30-45 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on an empty stomach.
Suitable for adults.
SHUNTI (Zingiber officinale)
It’s the dry form of ginger. It is an effective drug to get relief from flatulence and bloating of the abdomen. Dry ginger powder helps in the digestion and elimination of toxins. It acts as an anti-diarrheal and anti dysenteric.
PUNARNAVA (Boerrhavia diffusa)
It has immense health benefits and has been in use since ancient times in treating a host of health anomalies. It is commonly known as Hogweed, Sterling, Tarvine in English, Mukarati Kirei in Tamil, Raktakunda, and Shothaghni in Sanskrit. It goes by the botanical name Boerhavia diffusa. Punarnava has powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which is extremely beneficial in reducing joint and muscle pain, thereby reducing the chances of chronic autoimmune inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
APAMARGA (Achyranthes aspera)
A well-known herb, it is found as a weed throughout India. In different Ayurvedic treatise, it is indicated in Arsha, Kushtha, Unmada, Apasmara, Ashmari, Hikka-Swaas, Vish Chikitsa, etc. Traditionally each and every part of the plant is used in different diseases like dysentery, asthma, piles, stomatitis, etc. It is also used as anti diabetic, anti inflammatory, abortifacient etc.
BRUHATHI (Solanu indicum)
Traditionally Brihati, is used in the treatment of respiratory ailments (asthma, catarrh, dry and spasmodic cough), dropsy, heart diseases, chronic fever, colic, scorpion stings, difficult urination, and worm infestation.
Speciality: 100 % natural. Purely herbal. Vegetarian