‘Virechana’ or methodical purgation is one among the Panchakarma, the treatment modalities meant for internal cleansing and rejuvenation in Ayurveda. Virechana is the most efficient way of instantly pacifying aggravated ‘Pitta’ in the system. Avipathi choornam is a widely popular virechana drug.
The term ‘Avipathi’ denotes the absolute safety of the drug. Avipathi choornam is a powder that causes controlled purgation and is recommended for use even in children and geriatric patients.
Features and benefits of Avipathi Choornam-
- Avipathi Choornam is a combination of Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Ela (Eletteria cardamomum), Twak (Cinnamomum verum), Patra (Cinnamomum tamala), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Amalaki (Embilica officinalis), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Sharkara (Saccharum officinarum) and Trivrit (Operculina turpethum).
- This traditional recipe harnesses the purgative potential of ‘Trivrit’ (Operculina turpethum) in a combination of digestive, appetite stimulating and pitta pacifying drugs.
- It causes controlled purgation in Physician recommended doses. Beneficial in the management of habitual constipation, sprue and malabsorption disorders.
- It cleanses the gut. Flushes out toxins from the system. Purifies blood and lymph.
- Avipathi Choornam draws out deep tissue edema from the body. Heals inflammatory changes in the body.
- It is a good carminative. Facilitates Vata movement in the gut. Relieves abdominal distension and flatus.
- In small doses, it encourages gut motility, facilitates smooth bowel movement.
- It is an excellent remedy for the heat and viscidity associated with aggravated pitta. Cools the body from within. Good remedy for excessive body heat, burning sensation, sweating, body odour etc.
- It stimulates appetite and digestion. Enriches the gut biome.
Adult – 10 to 15 gms Avipathi Choornam at bedtime or as directed by the Physician.
Child – 5 to 7 gms Avipathi Choornam at bedtime or as directed by the Physician.
Bayaneni Ramesh babu (verified owner) –
Arush Bhai (verified owner) –