Dusparsaka (Tragia involucrata), Vilwa (Aegle marmelos), Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum), Nagara (Zingiber officinale), and Patha (Cyclea peltata) are potent ingredients of this Kashaya that revive and nurture the ‘Jatharagni’ in the body. A competent digestive fire or metabolic agency is central to the Ayurvedic concept of health. Dusparsakadi Kashayam is used largely for managing diseases arising from ‘Apana Vata’ derangement like piles, fistula and constipation.
‘Kashaya’ or herbal decoctions harness the healing properties of herbs and roots in a mild and easily absorbable water base. Can be safely administered even in toddlers, in physician-advised doses.
Features and benefits of Dusparsakadi Kashayam –
- Dusparsakadi Kashayam is an aqueous extract of Dusparsa (Tragia involucrata), Vilwa (Aegle marmelos), Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum), Nagara (Zingiber officnale) and Padha (Cyclea peltata).
- Invigorates and nurtures the ‘Jatharagni’ or the ‘digestive fire’. It improves functioning of the gut, facilitates easy digestion and absorption.
- It sets your metabolism on track. Revives your gut biome.
- It is an excellent remedy for indigestion, sour belching, flatulence and abdominal bloating.
- It effectively balances the Apana Vayu in your system. Good carminative.
- Dusparsakadi Kashayam improves gut motility and bowel movement. It is widely used in managing the signs and symptoms associated with Piles, Fistula, Fissure and Haemorrhoids.
Adult: 15-20 ml of Dusparsakadi Kashayam mixed with 45-60 ml of boiled and cooled water, twice daily on an empty stomach.
Child: 10-15 ml of Dusparsakadi Kashayam mixed with 30-45 ml of boiled and cooled water,
DUSPARSHA (Tragia involucrata)
Commonly known as Indian stinging nettle, its leaves cause itching in touch. Involucrata leaf has been traditionally used to treat inflammation, wounds, eczema, scabies, and skin infections. It has also been found to be effective in treating pain and bronchitis. The involucral root has been traditionally used for the treatment of high fever.
VILWA (Aegle marmelos)
It can be found as the favorite of Lord Shiva and thus found in the temples. Also known as Bilwa, the whole part of the plant is used for medicinal purposes. Antidiarrhoeal, antimicrobial, antiviral, radioprotective, anticancer, chemopreventive, antipyretic, ulcer healing, antigenotoxic, diuretic, antifertility, and anti-inflammatory properties.
JEERA (Cuminum cyminum)
It is commonly known as cumin. Cumin seeds are boiled in water and used as drinking water. Cumin seeds stimulate the digestive enzymes which reduce bloating. It is also used as a liver tonic, digestive, antidiarrhoeal, and to control parasitic infections and boost the immune system.
NAGARA (Zingiber officinale)
It is a very effective drug to reduce flatulence and bloating of the abdomen. It is very effective in both fresh and dried forms. Dry ginger powder helps in the digestion and elimination of toxins. It acts as an anti-diarrhoeal and anti-dysenteric. It improves bone health, relieving pain and inflammation in joints. Chewing Shunti gives relief from the bloating of the abdomen.
PATHA (Cyclea peltata)
It is widely used in bone fracture and wound healing. It is also used in the treatment of fever and act as a breast milk purifier. It is commonly known as Indian Moonseed. It enhances immunity and prevents inflammation of the respiratory passages due to its immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used in conditions including infertility, wound, hypertension, and skin diseases.
Sivaramakrishnan G. (verified owner) –