‘Tala’ is a mode of therapy unique to the Ayurvedic system of healing. It involves placing medicine in a powder or paste form on the bregma region (crown of the head). It is a route of administration that yields quick results on the entire system.
Rasnadi Choornam is a combination of potent anti-inflammatory drugs like Rasna, Aswagandha, Bala, Mustha, Usheera, Kushta, Gairika etc. in a fine powder form. Applied to the bregma regularly in children and adults alike, it balances the three doshas in the system, especially Kapha dosha. Prevents and remedies chronic cough and cold, sinusitis and upper respiratory tract infections.
Applied as a poultice, mixed with a suitable adjuvant, Rasnadi Choornam draws out inflammation and relieves pain.
Features and benefits of Rasnadi Choornam-
- Aromatic combination of Rasna (Alpinia galanja), Aswagandha (Withania somnifera), Devadaru (Cedrus deodara), Katuka (Picorrhiza kurroa), Kanyasara (Aloe vera), Rala (Shorea robusta), Kushta (Sausssurea lappa), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Gairika (Red ochre), Nisha (Curcuma longa), Yashti (Glycirrhiza glabra), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Puthi (Sterculia foetida), Usira (Vetivera zizanoides), Samudraphena (Cuttle fishbone), Agaru (Aquilaria agallocha), Chincha (Tamarindus indicus) etc. in a fine powder form.
- Admisnitered as ‘tala’ – to the bregma region of the head, Rasnadi Choornam arrests inflammatory pathologies in the body. It draws out deep tissue inflammation and relieves pain. It quickly pacifies cough, cold and a runny nose.
- Advised by Ayurveda scriptures as a part of Dinacharya (daily regimen). Used regularly, Rasnadi choornam balances the three doshas in the system and ensures robust respiratory health.
- Children, especially infants and toddlers are prone to recurrent respiratory tract infection and disease. Application of Rasandi choornam after bath is a routine followed in Kerala, for keeping Kapha dosha in check in a hot and humid climate.
- Made into a paste with a suitable adjuvant such as lemon juice or dhanyamla, Rasnadi choornam can be applied to relieve pain and swelling in headache and sinusitis, arthritis, lymph node swellings etc.
Quantity is sufficient based on the mode of application and the area affected.