Gandharvahasthadi Eranda Tailam is a medicated oil described in the Ayurvedic textbook Sahasrayoga. This medicated oil is a combination of several herbs like Eranda (Ricinus communis), Yava (Hordeum vulgare) etc. processed in milk and castor oil. It is commonly given as internal medicine for inflammatory joint disorders, to regulate bowel, diseases of the spine etc.
Features and benefits of Gandharvahastadi Eranda Tailam –
- Gandharvahasthadi Eranda Tailam is a widely practised in Ayurvedic medicine.
- This formulation is commonly used in constipation to regulate bowel, movement disorders of the intestine and inflammatory gut disorders.
- Gandharvahastadi Eranda Tailam is also effective in the management of inflammatory joint disorders.
- It is beneficial in the management of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Gandharvahasthadi Eranda Taila is also effective in the management of diseases of spine. It relieves pain due to its capacity to relieve pelvic congestion.
Adult: 5-7 drops of Gandharvahasthadi Eranda Tailam in lukewarm water or a suitable adjuvant as recommended by the Physician.
Child: 3-5 drops of Gandharvahasthadi Eranda Tailam in lukewarm water or a suitable adjuvant as recommended by the Physician.
ERANDA (Ricinus communis)
Studies show that compounds exhibit anticonceptive, anti-diabetic, fertility, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, hepatoprotective, insecticidal and wound healing properties.
YAVA (Hordeum vulgare)
Yava has high nutritional value. It possesses laxative effect, diuretic activity, cholesterol reducing effect, and anti-diabetic effect also.
SHUNTI (Zingiber officinale )
The plant has a number of chemicals responsible for its medicinal properties like antiarthritis, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antibacterial, antifungal, anticancer etc.
DHENUKSHEERA (Cow’s milk)
Cow’s milk is a good source of calcium, protein, vitamins and iodine.
ERANDA TAILAM(castor oil)
Castor oil is a powerful laxative, natural moisturizer, that promotes wound healing, reduces acne and has anti-inflammatory effects.